Move of the Month - Single-leg Squat
- Keep your upper body erect with your head facing forward.
- Tuck your pelvis under and roll your shoulder blades back (don't round your shoulders).
- Keeping the knee centered over the ball of the foot, lower into a squat position.
- Start with shallow squats.
- Once you develop your strength, coordination, and balance, you can add hand weights, or hold a medicine ball to build additional strength.
- Repeat 3 sets of ten squats on each leg.
- Over time, consider performing the squat on an unstable or smaller surface such as a mini trampoline or balance beam.
One-Arm Shoulder Press
V-Sits or V-Holds
Classic Push-Ups w/ Body weight Squats
Dumbbell Chest Fly
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Sleep Deficit and Work Productivity
The appropriate amount of rest is very significant to help monitor daily functions and reduce the effects of stress, improve decision-making and maintain a healthy body weight.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
One of the simplest exercises that is great for total body strength and hip mobility.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
The sturdy texture of corn tortillas works best for these tacos, but you can use flour tortillas. Since the recipe makes more slaw than necessary for the tacos, serve the extra on the side.