Have questions, comments or concerns? Contact Reggie @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Group exercise class sign-ups are accepted online instead of by phone. A member may register for a class 24 hours prior to the class start time. The Cooley Center will no longer accept phone reservations for classes.
Here are 8 easy steps to complete the online procedure:
- Go to our website, www.jhucooleycenter.com
- Click on the heading "Calendar"
- Click on the class you are interested in taking
- Click the button labeled "sign up for this event"
- Enter required information and click "submit"
- Check your email for the confirmation. If your email confirmation indicates you are registered for the class, you're done
- In the case that you are put on the waiting list - you'll be "bumped up" in order of the list and you'll receive an email confirming that you are now in the class, if someone cancels their reservation
- To cancel a reservation, open your email confirmation and click on the link at the bottom of the message to cancel your registration
Thank you for your cooperation! :)
Group Exercise Fees
Employee memberships include group exercise classes, however student members must pay for classes.
Student members may purchase group exercise in the following packages:
8 weeks = $32.00
4 weeks = $20.00
2 weeks = $12.00
1 week = $8.00
Single class drop-in fee = $5.00.
Group Exercise Rules
- You must be a registered Cooley member (or guest of a member) to participate in group exercise classes.
- Schedule and instructors are subject to change.
- Please read posted signs for updates and changes to the group exercise schedule.
- Members are encouraged to sign up for the email list to receive any changes or upcoming events
- Classes with fewer than 3 participants are subject to cancellation.
For your safety, please do not enter a class 5-minutes after start time.
Reservation is required for all classes. Sign-up through the website to confirm your reservation! Student drop in fee of $5 per class applies to all scheduled classes.
Basic Yoga: Just the basics. Breath, stretch, balance and relax.
Body Sculpt: Challenge your agility, strength and overall stamina with a great circuit training workout.
Boot Camp: Full body, intense, circuit-style workout. Be ready to keep your body moving (1 hour).
Butts & Guts: This workout uses light weights, bands and your own bodyweight to make your booty rock!
Cardio Jam: A high-energy combo of hi-lo floor aerobics, step aerobics and dance.
KB Training w/ Sara: This class focuses on the fundamentals of how to use kettlebells properly (not for inexperienced beginners.)
Pilates: Strengthens and stabilizes the core while enhancing flexibility.
Spinning/Cycling: Challenging rides set to great music -- the most fun you can have burning 500 calories!
Power Pump: Resistance training in a group exercise setting.
Power Yoga: This class is focused on strength, balance, using your own bodyweight and stretching.
Punch, Kick, H.I.I.T.: Kick, punch, jab, jump and a whole lot more combined with a high-intensity interval circuit.
Total Body Circuit: Strength training workout in a group class setting using dumbbells and a variety of bodyweight exercises.
TRAINing Day: Takes you out of the traditional group exercise setting to strengthen your body using free weights and machines (focuses on strength training for women.)
TRX Training/Cardio TRX: This class teaches you the proper technique of using suspension training straps to do a thorough physical conditioning workout with just your own bodyweight.
Vinyasa Yoga: Flow from one pose to the next while working on your balance, body and strength.
Zumba!: Fun, fun, fun Latin dance party!
view full calendar
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Sleep Deficit and Work Productivity
The appropriate amount of rest is very significant to help monitor daily functions and reduce the effects of stress, improve decision-making and maintain a healthy body weight.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
Try foam rolling pre-workout to prepare the body for physical activity. Better than stretching!
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Corn Pancakes with Smoked Salmon and Lemon-Chive Cream
Yield: Serves 6 Total: 32 Minutes